Monday 17 October 2011

Natures Colour

Hvaing reseached the theory of making the internal external, I know need to focuss on ways of  bringing the external environment into an interior environment.

Below I have looked at some images relevant to the surroundings of my clients home.  I have then zoomed in on certain areas to create a pixel palette of colours.  To look at how these colours can be transferred into an interior setting, I will then devise a concept based upon each of these.


The first thing I looked at was a photograph of a tree trunk.  The clients home is surrounded by trees, and so here I have had a look at incorporating this colour into my design.




The pixels have created a very neutral grey palette, and below I have used the colours to create a scheme.

I am pleased with the outcome of this colour scheme as I feel it creates a calm and sophisticated look.  When looking at each image, I tried to select features with warm tones of grey to make the scheme look friendly and inviting rather than cold and unwelcoming.  This is an important aspect to think about, should I go ahead with this colour scheme.





These pixels are predominantly green tones, but have a hint of white and grey in them.  The concept below uses these colours.

This concept has a very fresh feel to it.  It has clear links to the outdoors and surrounding area, and the colours seem to work well in each rom.  I have focussed more on the lighter tones, however to warm up the scheme in the winter, the darker richer tones could be introduced through items such as throws and rugs.




Here I have looked at an autumnal image to give myself a completely new palette.  The colours are earthy and some are bright.  below is how I have used these colours.


The colour scheme makes a rich and luxurious design.  The scheme looks cosy and inviting with a touch of glamour.  For me the colours work particularly well in the kitchen and drawing room.

This technique looks at taking an abstraction of nature, and transferring this into interior design.  It does not draw on the raw shapes and forms of nature, and so is a stylistic way of transferring the external environment.  Although this experiment has given me three colour concepts, I would like to research further into shape and form, and how this can be interpreted into interior design.